Friday, September 24, 2010

Sorry it’s been a while since an update. Got a lot going on in my crazy life. Got back from Houston last week. Most recent results were not what I wanted. Good thing: tumors are down 26% since I started the trial in April. Bad news: They show 3% growth since last scans. 3% is not that much and the doctor even said it’s not really measurable, but it’s still an increase and I hate it!!! I want the tumors to be gone! So they are keeping me on my regular dose of the BRAF and this past Monday, Sept 20th, I started 1mg of the MEK pill. We are hoping the combo of the two will work together and start shrinking the tumors again. The MEK is the first clinical trial I was on. The one that broke me out so bad and I swelled up like a balloon. So I was worried about starting it again. BUT, it’s such a low dose my clinical nurse said they have not seen anyone with a rash. Thank goodness!! That was absolutely horrible! So that’s where we currently are. I go back on Oct 13th and 14th for check ups. I see the dermatologist this time. I have a mole on my leg that has changed and I am wanting them to look at it. Other than always being tired and not sleeping at night, I’m doing okay. Brayden’s first football game is tomorrow!! GO COWBOYS!! I’m so excited but nervous. I’m always scared he’s gonna get hurt. He needs some meat on his bones!!! LOL

No comments: