Thursday, July 23, 2009

7-23-09

So I decided to start a blog. I thought it would be helpful for me to write how Im feeling and how things are going through my journey with cancer. It will also be easier for my family and friends to see how I'm doing. So today is July 23rd, and I'm feeling so much better today. I actually did a little laundry. That might now seem like much, but for someone whos lived on the couch since she's been home it's a lot LOL. So many of you know I started my treatments last week and let me tell you it was a wild ride!! They started on Tuesday July 14th at 9am with my first round. I think I took it pretty well, just made me want to sleep. 8 hours later here we go with the 2nd dose. Now that one kicked my butt. Here came the chills and the nausea. Not fun! Thank goodness for the good ol drugs the hospital has. It didn't take very long for them to kick in. I got another dose at 1am, then again the next day at 9am, then 5pm then 1am again. Very very weak and tired by this time. The night after I had my last dose I started feeling like I could not breath. I made it through the night and the next morning the doctor came in and ordered a Xray of my lungs and come to find out I had a little fluid in my lungs. So with that the doctor said that's enough for this round, that's all my body can handle this time. I had to stay in the hospital a couple days to get strong enough to be able to come home. I got out on that saturday, stayed the night in the hotel, just in case, and we drove home Sunday. I was so glad to be home! I missed my guys, and my dogs so much! I hated that David had to stay back and work because the bills don't stop just cause I'm sick. So this week I've just been pretty much living on the couch. David and Brayden have pretty much been babying me, and if they keep it up they might ruin me after all this is done LOL. So I go back on Aug 3rd and we do this all over again. I plan to stay home as much as I can because I have such a high risk of getting sick now. I can't take a chance. I've received sooo many cards from co-workers and family and friends. I even got one in the mail yesterday from a local church, signed by a lot of people I dont' even know. I live in such a wonderful town, everyone here is awsome! I've had people bring meals by, which has helped so much. So hopefully I can keep this blog up to date. I'm gonna try to keep everyone updated. I took the laptop with me to the hospital last week but didn't get on it at all. I'm kinda glad I didn't because there's no telling what I would have done since I was half out of it haha! Anyways, I will keep ya'll updated as much as possible.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Miranda,
I'm glad you started a blog. I want to keep up with how you are doing and let you know that you are always in my thoughts and prayers. Since my daughter had Melanoma too, I care about you and your progress. You are a very special young lady and I know you can get through this. You have so much to look forward to with your son and a wonderful husband who really loves you. Hang in there. I love you!

Jamie said...

Hey girl, I just wanted to let you know that I live down here in Houston and only about 15 minutes from MD Anderson, I'm assuming that's where you're going. If you ever need a FREE place to stay let me know. I have plenty of room and would be happy to have you and could also help ya'll with navigating around the city. This is Jamie Ellis by the way, wasn't sure if you'd recognize the married name. Just let me know if you ever need anything!

Unknown said...

Thanks for starting the blog. I will be following it to keep up to date. It was great seeing you at the wedding. I'm so glad you go to come. We love you and if you need anyting let us know.

Love,

Matt

Brynn said...

My name is Brynn Rich, Bruce Rich is my Dad and he isn't really a techie so he asked me to let you know that he is thinking about you and knows how bad the IL-2 treatments are, we wish you nothing but the best during your next round of treatments! He started his 2nd clinical trial 2 weeks ago so we are crossing our fingers.